If you are an applicant in the United States on a temporary visa (e.g., a student or work visa) and have completed your undergraduate studies outside of the United States, you must first complete the University Grad Office application form and the IUSSW application form. Once the graduate department has made a decision to admit you into their program, you must submit additional information to the Office of International Affairs. This information includes:

  • Academic records
  • Proof of English proficiency*
  • Financial documentation (for Visa purposes)
  • Clarification of present Visa status
  • Copy of your Passport ID page

You will receive an email from oiagrad@iupui.edu with instructions on how to submit these documents.

Note: The Office of International Affairs is responsible for all travel and immigration documentation and for student orientation to living in the United States. Upon arrival, all international students and exchange visitors must report to this office.

*Proof of English proficiency varies by program. Students applying to the IUSSW Master’s program at IU must provide their Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language System (IELTS) examination results. Results must be from tests administered within the past two years of your application. Minimum TOEFL scores are paper-based, 650; computer-based, 250; internet-based, 100. Minimum IELTS scores are 7.5 to 8.0.